Pages

Friday, January 28, 2011

Essie Mod Squad and Watermelon

Thanks to Danielle at Polish Obsessed for tagging me with my first Blog Award: A Blog With Substance. I think this is award has made it rounds for several months now! Hard to find someone with an even newer blog than mine, right? ^^;

I don't know if I have much of a philosophy when it comes to blogging, but I am trying to post every day! I try and post what I like to see in nail blogs (which is just swatches and comparisons), so that's what I do :)

Here are a couple of Essies I got recently:

Essie Mod Squad - My friend from university/college sent me this, and I adore it! A pink that works on me (I think)! It's a bit brighter in real life, though.



I don't have a lot of bright pinks in my stash, so not sure if this comparison is particularly helpful -.-

Comparison: Essie Mod Squad and Zoya Dana



Essie Watermelon - Picked this up a few weeks ago and loving how juicy it looks. This has a wicked formula, 2 coats!


Again, hope these aren't completely useless comparisons XD Actually, now I am wondering why I didn't compare Watermelon and Mod Squad LOL..

Comparison: Essie Watermelon and Zoya Dana



Comparison: Essie Watermelon and ChG Strawberry Fields



Happy Friday!!

6 comments:

  1. I just tagged you
    http://nailartbylacey.blogspot.com/2011/01/thank-you-totallypolishedbeauty.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you show comparison polishes. They're all beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been drooling over your pics on MUA and now I have another source! ;) Love your pics - seriously, they are some of the best I've seen, especially your macros! I only wish I could get mine to look that great!

    And I'm totally in love with Essie Watermelon after seeing this post! Thanks for the lemming! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Lacey: thank you! I'll need to work on that when I have time ^_^

    @jaybird: Comparisons are my fav to see on blogs... hehe

    @Normal Girl: Yay! thanks for meandering over hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just tagged you
    http://nailartbylacey.blogspot.com/2011/01/thank-you-totallypolishedbeauty.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm curious, how do you get your nails painted so perfectly?  I mean I have good vision, but I always get it on my cuticles and fingers!

    ReplyDelete