Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

OPI POTC polishes - part 2!

So, I indeed managed to find Mermaid's Tears the day after I picked up the first three. It was at Ulta, and I stupidly didn't realize the B2G1 sale was still active on Sunday! Now I'm a little sad that I a) bought the first 3 on Saturday for a premium of $8 and b) that I missed out on getting Skull and Glossbones for *free* on Sunday. Oh well :/ This collection rocks, anyway. I need to get S&G somehow!

ANYWAY, here's Sparrow Me the Drama and Mermaid's Tears.

If you missed the other three (Steady As she Rose, Stranger Tides, Planks a Lot), I swatched them here.

OPI Sparrow Me the Drama - A great midtone pink! Nice formula, but I still used 3 coats here.



Comparison: OPI Sparrow Me the Drama and OPI Japanese Rose Garden - At the store, I thought it might be similar to OPI Japanese Rose Garden, but they are not really *that close*. I'm liking both of these shades now; I'm not sure why I was so anti-pink before!


OPI Mermaid's Tears - Yay! Finally got this super lovely polish! I love it as much as I thought I would! Lovely formula on this one as well; 3 coats in the picture, but I think 2 coats was enough for real life.



I don't have Orly Ancient Jade, which I've seen comparisons (and they are VERY close!), so you'll have to live with what I've got LOL:

Comparison: OPI Mermaid's Tears and Essie Turquoise and Caicos - See, the OPI is *much* dustier! I don't even think I want a full size of T&C now... O_O


Comparison: OPI Mermaid's Tears, Essie Turquoise and Caicos, Milani Dress Maker and Illamasqua Milf


Anyway, I wore MT as a full mani yesterday, and tried CND Jade Sparkle over top before I took it off. Great combo!


Hope you guys found these swatches useful! I knew I wanted the whole collection when the promo came out because I *love* dusty/greyed out polishes! :D

13 comments:

  1. I saw Japanese Rose Garden last weekend and didn't really think much of it... but it looks amazing on. I think with so many bright colors, sometimes I forget to consider some lovely pinks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine had a skinny brush, so I requested a prowide from OPI. Now it's a dream to apply; it's got a great formula and opaque in two coats... almost opaque in 1!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you're making me lemming a PINK polish! PINK. OMG.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I have to get Mermaid's Tears because it is obviously different than T&Q :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it with the CND on top!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You still need Ancient Jade :) It's gorgeous and the application is a dream - it's a one-coater!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, you enabler, you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol XD Are you going to get it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I dunno! I keep telling myself that I'll never wear it, but it's soooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete